Posted by on 2/17/2020 to
Our 4th stop on our Animal Training Around the World Series journey is Dallas, Texas (the suburbs of Frisco and Richardson to be more precise). Is animal training bigger in Texas, as the saying goes?
Did You Know?
- Fort Worth's historic Stockyards Hotel was a hideout for Dallas natives and outlaws Bonnie & Clyde
- The 1st convenience store, 7-Eleven, was founded in Dallas in 1927
- Sixty percent of America's paper bills are printed in Fort Worth
- Dallas/Fort Worth airport is the 3rd busiest in the world, and is larger than Manhattan Island
- The Dallas area is the largest metropolitan area in the nation not on a navigable body of water
We talked to Maureen Patin, who is not only the owner of What a Great Dog! Training Center, but also Founder and Head Trainer. Her story began with a dream of "building a dog training business that would ignite a passion for training in pet owners." That dream was realized when the family business was launched in the Patin’s horse barn!
The best training tip is to enjoy your pet during the training process! Always use positive, reward based training. Have fun, relax, and bond with your pet. That bond will serve you both well.
A "passion for igniting a fire in typical pet owners to train their dogs with positive training methods" sets the tone for the WAGD company. "The company continues to be fueled by the central theme that when people get hooked on training and participating in dog sports and activities, their lives are enhanced and their dog’s lives are too!"
Very true, once owners and dogs experience first hand how much fun training can be there is no stopping them!
- What a Great Dog! Training Center is one of the largest training centers in the country
- Their two locations in the Dallas area cover over 38,000 sq ft!
- All of their training centers utilize all positive, reward-based training methodologies
- Approximately one half of their training volume is generated by their Pet Manners programs, the other half comes from speciality programs in Agility, Nose Work, Barn Hunt, Rally, Conformation and Tricks
- About 4,000 new dogs pass through their doors every year
Treat Pouches used as Marketing Tools for What a Great Dog! Training Centers
According to What a Great Dog!,
"We love the Doggone Good! treat pouches.
Having our logo prominently displayed is an important marketing tool for us.
Our clients are often out and about with their GREAT dogs.
People seeing our logo on their treat pouches is a great testimony for our business!"
This is a marvelous way to gain brand exposure by getting your company name and logo in front of tons of new potential customers. Think of this as your business card, creating endless results by repeating the imprinted logo many times without additional cost!
If you need quality dog training in the Dallas-Fort With area, please contact a What a Great Dog! Training Center at their facilities in Frisco or Richardson.