Posted by on 2/19/2020 to
Every year, on February 20, we celebrate LOVE YOUR PET DAY!
Intriguing Pet Facts (from the Northshore Animal League)
- It is said that people who own pets live longer, have less stress, & are happier
- Over 50% of pet owners would rather be stranded on a desert island with their pet, rather than another person
- Dogs can donate blood to other dogs, and cats can donate blood to other cats
If you are anything like us, you probably celebrate your pets everyday! That being said, here are a few ways to have fun with your pet today.
- Go for a long walk in a new place - Check out somewhere that you have always wanted to go. Whether it's a fresh place to hike or that new dog park you have been wanting to try.
- Donate to a local animal shelter - Shelters are always in need of supplies. Get their wish list & drop off a few items.
- Spoil your pet with a new toy - Balls, bones, or an interactive toy are perfect.
- Give them an extra special treat - Many choices for all types of pets! Lots of goodies for cats & pups. For a bird, you can attach a special bird treat to the side of their cage and give your rabbit their most preferred vegetable.
- Shower them with extra hugs & cuddles - We do this everyday, but cuddle with them over & above today!